Networth101.com

Welcome. We solicit & appreciate your sharing links, article excerpts, & other info that may be of interest to our fellow NetWorth 101 referral network community !

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Will My Credit Score Go Down if a Credit Card Company Closes My Account

(CLICK TO READ MORE ON EACH SUBTOPIC)


FOR NON USE:

"I received a letter from a credit card company saying ....... they will be closing my account.......... Will this lower my credit score?"

"This is a tricky one. The quick answer is yes, your bank closing your credit card ... probably will lower your credit score........ There are a few factors that will determine how much your score could drop:"


FOR CREDIT INFO THEY RECEIVED :
Q. I've had a credit card for several years that I've always paid on time. But the card issuer just informed me that my account was being closed because of information received from a credit bureau. Can they just close my account because of a credit bureau report that has nothing to do with my account with them? What recourse do I have?

A. Unfortunately, you have no recourse. Credit card companies can pretty much do what they want regarding your account.  

Form letters to fill in.